• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create 3d model for Dimensions

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I recently wanted to create an obj file in Photoshop only to find out that Photoshop no long supports 3D objects. What can I use to create obj or 3d models to import into Dimensions? Thx in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

most people moved on to Blender because its free but a few still use other model mking software like Iclone or even Maya... anything that makes a wavefront Obj file will do the job

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Additionaly you can use now Adobe Illustrator new feature to export OBJ files after applying new 3D effect. Hope that can help.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/create-3d-graphics.html#substance-materials

After creating 3D object, select than go to Export Panel and export as OBJ.

er.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

most people moved on to Blender because its free but a few still use other model mking software like Iclone or even Maya... anything that makes a wavefront Obj file will do the job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionaly you can use now Adobe Illustrator new feature to export OBJ files after applying new 3D effect. Hope that can help.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/create-3d-graphics.html#substance-materials

After creating 3D object, select than go to Export Panel and export as OBJ.

er.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very helpful, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'll have a look at Blender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused. So, Adobe is recommending we use another app to create finished 3D objects? Illustrator will create 3D objects, but it doesn't apply materials or color to it.. so what do we do if we want to prepare finished OBJ for Aero? Use Blender? Adobe is limiting features and applications and pushing users outside of Adobe? Why? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the Adobe Stager bundle includes applications to create proper 3D models, but it's seperate from the Creative Cloud and needs a subscription of its own to be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I know, and it is is expensive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines