• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Curtains in Dimension

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I'm new to dimension but am well versed in Photoshop and Illustrator. I'm looking to create some curtain 3d objects for Dimension. I'd like to be able to create my own so I can control/customize the look. is there a video or some other helpful tutorial that will help me get started? 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Creative , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

If you want realistic - make them in Blender and use the cloth simulator. There are a few tutorials around. The attached video link is for v2.79 but the cloth simulator is in the current 2.81 version also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHIBQBSdfjA

For texturing you could make the textures in Photoshop , personally I would use Substance. Substance Source has many pre-made materials that are compatible with Dimension.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimension is a rendor tool not designed for making models

You can download the models or build them yourself in Photoshop, Blender, Maya etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that what I would like to do. Build them in photoshop and then turn them into object files for Dimension. Are there any tutorials that might help with creating drapery/fabric images and then turning them into 3D?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I usually use Illustrator to make shapes and then extrude them in photoshop.. then export them as a 3d model that can be dropped straight into dimension.

There is a really good class on Skillshare that I learned how to do it from.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've actually made curtain rods in Photoshop but don't know of any tutorials... the Photoshp forum would be a better place to ask & include some example images if you want a better chance of getting an answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want realistic - make them in Blender and use the cloth simulator. There are a few tutorials around. The attached video link is for v2.79 but the cloth simulator is in the current 2.81 version also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHIBQBSdfjA

For texturing you could make the textures in Photoshop , personally I would use Substance. Substance Source has many pre-made materials that are compatible with Dimension.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines