Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom 3d model mirrors my graphic on the other side

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to work on a 3d trading card project, I can't seem to figure out why when i place a graphic on one side it flips and mirrors it on another. I want one graphic on one side and one graphic on the other as if it is a solid object with two distinct sides. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should say also that I had Dimension create UV maps and now that seems to have fixed the see-thru nature but not I can't get the graphic to be the correct way. No matter what side I put it on it comes out backwards. There are screenshots attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one option is to use the magic wand to select only one face then give it a new material and its own graphic

Screenshot (4474).pngScreenshot (4475).pngScreenshot (4476).png

or share the Dn file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, here it is, ideally I have to make about 12 different versions with different graphics so if it was easy to swap out the different graphics that would be great. Any easy way to make edges of it round instead of a hard edge as well? Thanks in advance for your help! There are two different files, one where the graphic is behaving and laying correctly and then one where i had Dimension create UV maps and the graphic won't lay down properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/180puUwrp3N6NARfeFlIOKFF2rMJ8xcgU?usp=sharing

I don't know if they uploaded in the previous post, here is a Google Drive link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got your 2 files and agree the one with UV made by Dimension is the better one to use because it does NOT stretch the graphic like the first one does

uv.gif

no-uv.gif

if you need help placing the two images then i will need a copy of both... the file you sent me only had 1 mate

apply as a fillapply as a fill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines