Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Heritage Style Beer Bottle

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am learning about 3D Photoshop and Dimension CC.  I have created a bottle in Photoshop.  I generate UVs.  Not sure what that means, but I can see my label when I place it on the bottle after doing that.  I have been reading through forum articles to get this far.  When I try to render it, the bottle is really dark and I can't see the label.  What am I doing wrong?

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20181123_180808.jpg

Inserted bottle on background from Adobe Stock.  Inserted Flipped label so it comes out right on bottle.  I can see the label in the working area, but the rendered image is a darkened bottle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used a bottle from the starter assets.  I don't have to flip the image and the bottle, albeit dark lets me see the label.  I have found long neck bottles on Adobe Stock.  Not heritage bottles, but I can see white label areas on the bottles.  I am not sure how to do that on my custom bottle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see two possible issues in that screenshot

• your Windows 10 system is not detecting Dimension app
  • the bottle was not made with the correct UV

the fact that a stock bottle works {yes it should be dark because you have not added sunlight} correct means its going to be the custom bottle and ime failing to set extrusion border opacity to zero is the most common error when making 3d bottle... assuming you made it in Photoshop which is what I would have used

your basic options now are;

1. find | make a better bottle (this is what I recommend) or
  2. rendor the bottle you have without a label + a base bottle with the label {make it a little bigger} and edit the two images in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got it.  I had set the extrusion depth incorrectly.  Once I adjusted it to 0.35, it worked beautifully.  What is the extrusion depth?212_Beer_Bottle_Lineup_112518_sml.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I had been using Photoshop for the extrusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That extrusion depth affected the label in that it was flipped backwards for some reason.  As I increased it, the image oriented itself correctly.  Until 0.035 (sorry for the earlier typo), I have irregularities in the bottle.  If I moved the label over the irregularities, it again flipped backwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines