• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Decal distortion around holes

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to apply a decal as an overlay which has cutouts and holes in.

The problem is the decal always distorts... Every single overlay I need to replicate has cutouts in so currently with this bug I am simply not able to use the software.

The problem has been happening since Dimension was released (2 years ago), so i always find myself removing the software since it isnt fit for purpose then trying months later to see if it has been fixed... Which is never is.

2019-12-04_0920.png

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

yes really, this has come up before and J said its because Adobe wants their AI to 'learn' about holes so don't expect a fast fix

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dimension/decals-on-circular-object-strangely-distorting/m-p/10137572#M1482

to make a hole work we have to take control away from Dimension and every case is different so I can't help much without a model to demo with... however as a rule of thumb, most cases can be worked around by using a material [see linked example]... more complex

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. There a some glitch in Dn now that do not allow us to work smoothly and we need to be more creative for doing east thing with 3d objets. . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes its a bugger but its also fixable if you want to share the Dn file... you have to take control away from Dimension in order to make it work correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? Would it be possible to advise through the forum, or create a small video?

I am unable to share the Dn file due to the conent being Intellectual Property of my employer.

(If it is difficult to explain through the forum, I may be able to create a mock Dn file containing 'dummy' parts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes really, this has come up before and J said its because Adobe wants their AI to 'learn' about holes so don't expect a fast fix

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dimension/decals-on-circular-object-strangely-distorting/m-p/10137572...

to make a hole work we have to take control away from Dimension and every case is different so I can't help much without a model to demo with... however as a rule of thumb, most cases can be worked around by using a material [see linked example]... more complex shapes need to be cut up into smaller parts first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on a solution to the holes issue please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no there isn't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines