• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Decal Issue - Distortion issue on bottle lid

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am having a problem with adding a custom circular design sticker onto a bottle lid. The issues are that the graphic wraps around the bottle lid instead of laid flatly down. I do not want it to distort around the lid.

The original design was made in Illustrator. I have tried to experiment around with changing the file from Illustrator to Photoshop to JPEG but all come with the same issue. I also tried with the different placement options with decal and fill. 

Please could you advise on how to solve the issue of the graphic not wrapping around the lid? Any help would be much appreciated! 

(Screenshot of the issue is attached)

TOPICS
How to , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is reading the UV map so select only the top of the lid and give it a new material, then place your decal

or just share the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I attach a Dimensions file here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't because Adobe doesn't have that option... yes i know they say they do but they lied

if you want to use your Adobe cloud to share Dn files you have to zip them first... only zip works not 7z or any other file type but you also have 3rd party share systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I managed to resolve the issue through 'generate UV's'.

That has fixed the problem, but I have seemed to bump into another one. When editing the bottles with generate UVs tool, a segment of the bottle does not blend with the background. The bottle's material is glass, so it is transparent and you can see through the material and see the problem with parts of the background don't match. Why is this the case? And can I fix it?

Screenshot 2020-10-31 at 23.34.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to play with camera and lights. It seems this is cumulattive effect of many components of 3d scene.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on latest version of Dn please review video about new features in updated version 3.4 of Dn. https://youtu.be/jFFqWHD3Q_4

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the colour on the sides of the neck is reflex from the other bottles and correct... you can adjust the amount by; picking a different background, moving the bottles \ camera or adjusting the lights

p.s, you can also add dulness to the glass material which is what Photoshop does

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines