Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Decal not displaying correctly, but DOES load and appear in side panel

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Read through all the Q&As about how decals work and what causes them not to work. I suspect my .obj files simply don't have usable UVs in this case, but wanted to ask anyway. When I bring in a JPG to place on a can, I get a large round empty frame, though the artwork does appear as a thumbnail in the properties panel. I can even click on the thumbnail to see a larger version.

At first I thought it was a scaling issue since I noticed the scale was 12,975%, but even when scaled down to 100% or less (I tried a variety of scales) nothing appears on the 3D model itself.

I also tried placing the image in the base layer itself and using the texture scaling tool as a workaround (per another Jeanette's response to another question), but couldn't get that to work either...

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Zach

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Hi Zach, we need the file to be able to evaluate issues.  I recommend using the Dimension Feedback site which has attachment system.

Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal

If you want to continue speaking here, please attach the file with a Dropbox, Google Drive, or other file transfer link system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zach, we need the file to be able to evaluate issues.  I recommend using the Dimension Feedback site which has attachment system.

Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal

If you want to continue speaking here, please attach the file with a Dropbox, Google Drive, or other file transfer link system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

It seems as if I have the same problem. What was the solution?

Thanks

Timo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the answer J gave [3 years ago] is still correct i.e, you need to share the file so we can test it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the link an tried to share my file. But it seems the system does not allow .dn-files or .zip-files. So what type of file should I send to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, I'm also having this problem with the decal not appearing!

Should I just attach the Dn file below via Wetransfer?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the link J posted is to the uservoice forum and not this one... the uservoice forum is for talking to the dev team about what they may or may not do with this software next and this forum is for talking to Acp or other users about using the software now.

if you want to ask questions about that forum then please go there mate

to post files in this Dimension forum you can use Dropbox, we tranfer or dozens of other 3rd party systems... if you zip a Dn file then you can put it in Adobe creative cloud and share it from there

for this Dimension forum the best file to share is the Dn file

also yes both this forum and the uservoice forum have issues posting Dn files... Adobe dropped the ball on that one and its not just you that wonders why Dn files don't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines