• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Decal Warp

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys, Im wondering if someone can help me! Im trying to wrap a decal around a supplied bottle.obj and the decal is being reflected from the centre to the top and bottom of the body. I tried using the body Uv technique to see where I should place the artwork, but It is doing the same thing to the uv! 

Please help me! 🙂

Thanks Chey 

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 11.09.20 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 11.09.05 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 11.08.55 am.png

   

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

try this;

step 1 remove the decal and any other labels from the bottle

step 2 select the bottle model and ask Dimension to generate a new Uv map for it

step 3 select a material for the bottle [doesn't really matter but lets assume glass]

step 4 now place your image as a decal... hold down alt [assumes Windows] and drag the bottle to make a new copy then change the image on the 2nd bottle from decal to fill

what does it look like now?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this;

step 1 remove the decal and any other labels from the bottle

step 2 select the bottle model and ask Dimension to generate a new Uv map for it

step 3 select a material for the bottle [doesn't really matter but lets assume glass]

step 4 now place your image as a decal... hold down alt [assumes Windows] and drag the bottle to make a new copy then change the image on the 2nd bottle from decal to fill

what does it look like now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Thank you so much for your help, it is working now! Can I ask you what generating UV maps does? Because that may be the reason its actually working now! 

I am new to this software I normally photoshop the labels on the bottles, 

Thank you for helping me out I really appreciate it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you think of your model as 'Origami' then the UV map shows how that paper looks when layed out flat

there are a lot of ways you could make the map for that model and basic error is the short cuts taken when it was made but Dimension knows what a bottle should look like... something as basic as a record disc with a hole in the center will totally bugger it however so its always a bit of random as to if making a new UV map will solve your issue

other things to try include grabbing the well made wine bottle template from Photoshop 3D before Adobe tosses it in the trash can later next month and using the label from that or of course learn to make your own maps with software like Blender or Iclone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines