• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Decal when added applies to all sides of the 3d model

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a rectangle 3d model with rounded edges and i have applied the texture i want for the rectangle, then when i proceed to add a 2d image as a decal to the 3d model it doesnt just apply once instance of the decal it applies the decal to all sides of the rectangle. i only need one instance of the label to wrap around the top and the side of the 3d object. what am i doing wrong?

DimensionsScreenshot.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

This can happen when the object has 'shared UVs'.  UVs are the coordinate system that tells the software what part of the 2D image goes onto what part of the 3D model.  Essentially the 3D model is unwrapped and laid flat in image space.  If, during that unwrapping process, the UVs overlap, then any image placed onto one part of the model will show on the overlapping parts.  If this is a custom 3D model you can adjust by editing your UVs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

option 1 = try a better model

option 2 = rendor | save as psd - open the psd in Photoshop and edit out the extra decal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tryed a different model, even some from the Dimensions app does this, i even exported a simple square and still does the same thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This can happen when the object has 'shared UVs'.  UVs are the coordinate system that tells the software what part of the 2D image goes onto what part of the 3D model.  Essentially the 3D model is unwrapped and laid flat in image space.  If, during that unwrapping process, the UVs overlap, then any image placed onto one part of the model will show on the overlapping parts.  If this is a custom 3D model you can adjust by editing your UVs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines