• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension 2020 not using GPU to render (GTX 1080)

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even have an option to select between CPU or GPU render. How to fix this? I have latest nVidia Studio Drivers installed and latest version of Adobe Dimension.

My specs:

1) AMD FX-8350 CPU @ 4.2 Ghz

2) GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo 8 GB of VRAM

3) 2x8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1866 Mhz Kingston HyperX Fury

4) Windows 10 Pro (1909)

I love this software, but CPU render times in complex scenes are just awfull so I really wanna use my GPU power to speedup the process.

TOPICS
Feature request , Hardware , How to , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

I too had the same problem, GPU was available and working on my RTX 2080 S but then after updates it stopped.

I was thinking it was Adobe Dimesion latest version problem, but i was not.

I you update to Nvidia studio drivers v.451.48 (06/24/2020) you will loose GPU support on Adobe Dimensions

You need to re-install Nvidia studio driver V.442.92 (04/16/2020) this one works

After you tasted gpu renders with a RTX2080 going back to cpu is not an option

Adobe should let Nvidia know about this issue, as

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe makes software to run on Cpu mate... the Gpu beta is not ready by a long long way

p.s, adding another 8G of Ram to that system will help speed up rendor time a lot more than using your Gpu will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ussnorway.

There's actually no point for me to add another 1-2 sticks of RAM to my system because I'm planning to switch my current AM3+ platform to AM4 soon. It's also kinda sucks to buy such GPU for render mainly and not get the option to even try it.

By the way, in Blender I got 10X faster render times using my GPU and that's a significant improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too had the same problem, GPU was available and working on my RTX 2080 S but then after updates it stopped.

I was thinking it was Adobe Dimesion latest version problem, but i was not.

I you update to Nvidia studio drivers v.451.48 (06/24/2020) you will loose GPU support on Adobe Dimensions

You need to re-install Nvidia studio driver V.442.92 (04/16/2020) this one works

After you tasted gpu renders with a RTX2080 going back to cpu is not an option

Adobe should let Nvidia know about this issue, as this makes a difference in wanting to use a software or not.

hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, christiant64055069.

Many thanks for your reply, it worked for me just fine! I already see an improvements in time over the CPU.

Thank you very much, again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Dimension checks if your computer has this limited number of cards / drivers and then decide what to do

NVIDIA is doing their job constantly updating their fully supported cards / drivers and this has zero to do with them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines