• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension, After Effects, Aero help

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having to create and animated, 3d model of the larynx for one of my classes. I have used Dimension to take apart the pieces, so that I could rebuild it in Aero and then animate it, but because Aero is a beta (I'm guessing this is the problem) our files never save correctly or the parts disappear. Then I tried just using Dimension and then I was going to try to use After Effects to animate it and I can't download the correct format of file from Dimension in order for it to be used in After Effect. Honestly, any help or advice or pointers; anything would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

when parts of your files disappear on trasfer its normally because the drivers have changed over the years and converting doesn't work right anymore:

you are trying to use Dimension and Aero together but the team that controls these two softwares (3 counting After Effects) don't talk to each other before making changes so the work flow gets errors. the point of exporting as Glb is because its an old standard (that Adobe can't change) ... as a Mac user your 3D options are very limited (mostly old

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exporting from Dimension as a Glb then convert that to Fbx in one of the free 3rd party system like 3D paint (default Windows 10 software) for use in Areo... That should get around the driver issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I can't seem to get 3D paint on my Mac.. do you have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use https://sketchfab.com/tags/free or any other online 3d services to upload file and download other format. Or use Adobe Photoshop to animate it and export in different format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to use character animations use https://www.mixamo.com/#/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

when parts of your files disappear on trasfer its normally because the drivers have changed over the years and converting doesn't work right anymore:

you are trying to use Dimension and Aero together but the team that controls these two softwares (3 counting After Effects) don't talk to each other before making changes so the work flow gets errors. the point of exporting as Glb is because its an old standard (that Adobe can't change) ... as a Mac user your 3D options are very limited (mostly older) software and you need to test which 3rd party options give the results you want. actually understanding why one work flow breaks and another works will take time mate and also keep changing 😉

p.s, here is another example of using Dimension Glb files to fix an older model

https://community.adobe.com/t5/mixamo/import-a-gta-v-model-into-mixamo/td-p/11834140

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines