• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension CC keeps crashing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before updating today to Dimension 3.1.1 the program worked fine. Now whenever I launch the program I get this message:

Check Creative Cloud Status

Use the Creative Cloud application to sign in, begin a trail, or purchase Dimension. Learn more about the requirements.

Dimension will now close.

And yes, it closes! everytime just about.

I have confirmed that I am logged in to CC. I have rebooted the computer to refresh. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software.

Still getting the same message.

Help!

RW

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Download and install , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Contacted tech support and discovered the issue. Had to run through some steps to clear my password keychain on my Mac! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you work with other CC applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could use the other CC apps, so that was misleading when I was troubleshooting ... and it ended up being a PW issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! 

It happens even after downgrading to an older version 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you on a school system?

if so upgrading will fail and you need to install a fresh Dimension i.e, uninstall it (wipe the old files) and restart Windows then install it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contacted tech support and discovered the issue. Had to run through some steps to clear my password keychain on my Mac! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cool, thanks for letting us know mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you elaborate what this means?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it means he changed accounts at some point which is a major problem for Mac users because the key gets saved by default so you end up trying to open Dimension with your enterprise instead of your personal account for example... the silly way Adobe set up their servers to not talk to each other isn't helping matters

you can Google how to wipe account settings in Mac but only do this if you think your senario is similar and make a back up first!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Support are being quite lackluster about this issue.
I'm having the same with version 3.2.0, I've upgraded and downgraded and uninstalled cleanly each time and I still cannot resolve the issue.

I use Dimension as part of my workflow so It's putting quite a delay in.

Do you remembe the steps Adobe support had you take to resolve this?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Dimensions keeps crashing and makes my laptop freeze. I have a Macbook Pro 2019 and the storage isn't very full, anyone know why this happens or how I can fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't sound related to this thread. Could you open a separate post please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had purchsed Crative Cloud to use Dimension and faced the same problem.

Customer Support was unable to find a fix, but I solved it myself finally.

As other people have mentioned, it is to do with your acocunt being active on other systems.

These might not even show up in active sessions in your account id when you sign in through the browser.

My solution was:

1. Install any other Creative Cloud App, such as Photoshop
  2. Open Photoshop. It will give a prompt to deactivate older systems on which you are logged in (maximum 2 systems can be logged in at a time.)
    I saw systems that were logged in more than a year ago that I must not have signed out of.
  3. Deactivate all older systems, Photoshop will then open.
  4. Close Photoshop
  5. Open Dimension, and now the popup should not appear.

Basically, Dimension does not have the same checking capability in the software like the other apps do, so you have to install, open, reset and close any other app to do this.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue. I worked on a file for 8 hours and after that the message I get is that Dimension isn't working properly and I have to force quit and start it again. I have gone back to files I saved a few hours ago, but after working in them again for a little while, it won't save and gives me the error message again. I am so frustrated!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines