• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension CC Not Opening Properly

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I updated to macOS High Sierra Version 10.13 and Dimension opens with the into screen and I click "get started" and then that rotating blue ball goes on for eternity and it won't go further.

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 1.18.41 PM.png

This is my info. Is my computer too old??? It is only a 2015. I am not sure what to do. Plz help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

This is the known AVX limitation with certain CPUs.  You can see the full discussion here:  Has anyone managed to get Dimension to actually open?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you for posting query on forums.

I request you to please share logs from ~/Library/Logs/Adobe/ . Also I request you to please close any unused background applications and their processes as they might be consuming the required RAM to run Dimension.

If you have updated Mac to High Sierra after installing Dimension, the please reinstall the application and check if it works fine.

Regards

Parth Vyas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew, just following up here.  If you have the files those will help us see what is going on. Please send as much of the following information.  Please attach your files using a file transfer service and do not copy/paste the entire logs here.

Application Logs

DimensionGPUProfiler.log

Dimension.log

Mac:  ~/Library/Logs/Adobe/

Win:  ~\username\appdata\local\Adobe\Dimension\

Crash Logs

Mac:  ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/

Win:  %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soooooooo when I searched for that folder, there is nothing in there.... Please help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, there should be a crash log here at least:

Crash Logs

Mac:  ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/

Win:  %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your system info it's also possible that you have 8 GB of RAM but because of the integrated card part of it might be being used up by your card and therefore it's not actually enough available for Dimension.  The log would help confirm that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which Log?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Dimension CC but it is not opening properly. Process was aborted leaving a log window.  I uninstalled and tried again but same result. Please help.

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 2.43.27 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the known AVX limitation with certain CPUs.  You can see the full discussion here:  Has anyone managed to get Dimension to actually open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines