• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension CC on MacBook Air 11"

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to run Dimension CC running in MacBook Air 11" with 4 GBytes RAM? I know the memory requirement is 8 GBytes of RAM, but I was wondering if by connecting an external hard disk (as virtual memory) I could overcome the memory requirement.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

In our next planned update we are removing system requirements as a blocking factor.  We are testing that version now and you're welcome to join the Dimension CC Prerelease to get early access to that build and try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Dimension CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Virtual memory is not a substitute for RAM. In fact it isn't likely to check the amount of RAM, but you can expect it to run so slowly as to be unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment there is no way to connect external RAM or virtual RAM.  Our next release we will be removing the hard block for 8GB of RAM and allowing dimension to run on any system, but note that it may not be performant on a 4GB machine or you may not be able to create larger, complex scenes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stand corrected, thanks. So it does check and won't run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you v much for your response, Jeanette. I will be looking forward for Dimension CC next release, with the 8 GB RAM requirement removed. In my case, I will not be creating too complex scenes, but still would like to keep my Mac productive and take advantage of Dimension basic features. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In our next planned update we are removing system requirements as a blocking factor.  We are testing that version now and you're welcome to join the Dimension CC Prerelease to get early access to that build and try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines