Exit

Dimension CC - Out of bound UVs Marvelous Designer OBJ Problem

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have one question...

We work with Marvelous Designer, a 3D pattern maker for clothing wear.

So when I export the OBJ I have this window, that have also "Unify Coordinate UV"

Schermata 2018-03-13 alle 10.23.52.png

But if I export with this option on and also off the error is:

We have detected that the model has out of bound UVs.  Out of bound UVs may affect the way materials and graphics are applied to the model.  For ideal results ensure all UVs are in the 0-1 space.

So anyone can help me? I think that this software is very interesting and we want support and make some renders with it, but at now we are blocked with this error.

Thank you for the support

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Hi everyone.  For anyone having out of bound UV errors, our next release of Dimension will identify UVs issues and ask if you want to fix them.  You can get early access and try this out on the Dimension CC Prerelease .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've exported some complex Maya mappings and this mistake has already happened to me. I fixed this problem by saving all my textures with names with no special characters or no spaces.

Example:

"I used to save

"Coca-Cola Label.jpg"

-I now save

"rotulo_da_coca_cola.jpg"

That worked for me. I hope it helps!Coca 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send your exported .obj file to tickets@adobedimension.com with a reference to this discussion.  We have a team member with Marvelous Designer and I will work with him to see what's going on!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone.  For anyone having out of bound UV errors, our next release of Dimension will identify UVs issues and ask if you want to fix them.  You can get early access and try this out on the Dimension CC Prerelease .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines