• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension Crash Issue

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with a Dimension project file that consists of a lot of objects. Other than the app performing very sluggish, I've been having this frequent issue where the app keeps crashing entirely, making me have to force quit and restart Dimension. (Screen shots attached) 

Any help/advice would be appreciated, thank you!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Mac , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Hey there!  Sorry to hear about the crash!  This what we call a front-end crash, where the UI is failing to render for some reason, while the main 'core' of the app is actually still working.  We've identified a major cause of the front-end crashes and have fixed that in internal builds.  This should be better with the next release of Dimension, but if it happens again please send us your Dimension.log file at https://feedback.adobedimension.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you want us to tell you, that your file is too big for Mac to handle and its time to get a Windows computer?

be aware that crash during save will corupt the Dn file making it unusable... so have a back up handy

if you want to share the Dn file I'm happy to rendor it in my Ryzen for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there!  Sorry to hear about the crash!  This what we call a front-end crash, where the UI is failing to render for some reason, while the main 'core' of the app is actually still working.  We've identified a major cause of the front-end crashes and have fixed that in internal builds.  This should be better with the next release of Dimension, but if it happens again please send us your Dimension.log file at https://feedback.adobedimension.com/

Senior Product Manager, 3D & Immersive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines