• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dimension export to aero

Contributor ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• HI! I am using dimension to modify the color/texture of a mixamo model  and export it to aero. I am having a problem with dimension  exporting color/texture of OBJ ,  and not sure if it is aero dimension or mixamo causing it.
  • here is the link for the modified mixamo model 

https://adobe.ly/2ymb9X9

HEre are the steps I took to try and rig the above version

1-Downloaded the fbx from mixamo

2- Imported the model to dimension and changed material

3-Exported from Dimension as OBJ 

4-zipped the obj , mtl and picture folder 

5-Uploaded zip to mixamo

6-sent to aero

• would really appreciate ur help,tkx! 
  •  
TOPICS
Import and export , Mac , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

i pulled the white colour out of the texture to test that Mixamo can open the model and the textures i.e, its the material that breaks things

export as Bmp, reload and export as Png then used a free [every Windows] software for making a test silver girl... when testing use the basic standards

i used Photoshop to edit out the white from the texture mapi used Photoshop to edit out the white from the texture mapupload as test of model and textureupload as test of model and texture3d paint for silver model3d paint for silver model

I don't use Areo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already answered this question

https://community.adobe.com/t5/fuse-beta/mixamo-texture/m-p/11106052?page=1#M6017

what part didn't work and please share the Dn file you used so we can test it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway many thanks and terribbly  sorry to trouble you again.

I followed your instructions , pls have a look 

Aero is displaying the model properly but without the mixamo animation

Here are all the files hope this will help!🙏

Folder on iCloud

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/a7371f65-3e3f-42bb-7d18-be7398458008

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it helps a little but you didn't share the Dn file [Adobe lied and you need to zip a Dn to share it from icloud] so i can't test it

• i do see you converted your Fbx into other file types and assume that to be the root cause ... for example, if you convert Fbx to Obj [in any software] then it drops all the extra data like bones & animations just leaving the base model
  • all questions are welcome mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TKs Ussnorway ! here is the ziped dn 

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/189bd945-bf07-4a85-7e9c-623d91904d4f

I have used the sent to aero function from inside this dn and it didn't work , that 's when I tried to export as obj( without the armature) than upload the zipped obj mtl and image folder to upload to mixamo then send to aero. Didn't work either.

Million thanks for your patience and help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interresting file... Mixamo can only rendor the texture but I did have a crack at repairing the silver girl as well

try this file

Screenshot (213).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MIllion thanks Ussnorway!:)🙏🙏 it worked with the second ! the shine is not there bu I think I can fix it now.

Just please tell me what you did other than th esteps you mentioned earlier  to have it riggged with the new costume !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i pulled the white colour out of the texture to test that Mixamo can open the model and the textures i.e, its the material that breaks things

export as Bmp, reload and export as Png then used a free [every Windows] software for making a test silver girl... when testing use the basic standards

i used Photoshop to edit out the white from the texture mapi used Photoshop to edit out the white from the texture mapupload as test of model and textureupload as test of model and texture3d paint for silver model3d paint for silver model

I don't use Areo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tks a lot Ussnorway for all your help. I am on IOS , so will have to  stick to dimension and keep trying till it works. I was abbble to do it before the catalina update. I think I know what to do, will keep u posted if it works! again many thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI! how are you ussnorway! I am back to dimension and I am trying to generate a UV like the one above , wne I click on generate UV in dimension it gets displaced on the model .

The model is made up of a body wiht arms legs(one piece) then separate tee shirt, pants glasses head and eyes , each with different textures , I am using latest version of dimension.

I grouped and locked all models then hit generate UV and it gets displaced on model:(

I tried export UV , it exported UV of each model separately in grey and white 

Would really appreciate your help

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimension is the wrong tool and I would use Blender for that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you :)!!! will definitly try it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines