Copied

When will this vesion be released for Apple Silicon? thanks

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this not working with Rosetta 2 like literally every other Mac Intel app?  ...even music production apps and 3rd party plugins work in Rosetta 2. Come on Adobe. You've had moths to make this happen. Get your act together. This is the only app I still have an Adobe account for since Affinity Photo/Designer/Pub as Resolve and Figma have replaced everything else they make. By the way, I've been on hold for 2 hours how with you f*cking new age music that is driving me crazy... 3 dropped calls (not bc of my phone) after the sh*tty music ends and theres 5 minutes of silence. I'm livid p*ssed!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellow designers and Adobe enthusiasts,

As many of you are aware, it's November 2023, and Apple has fully transitioned its Mac lineup to ARM-based Silicon processors. These new chips are not only energy-efficient but also offer significant performance improvements over their Intel predecessors. This transition has been a game-changer for many software applications, offering enhanced speeds and better integration with macOS.

However, there's a notable exception that has become a growing concern for 3D artists and designers who rely on Adobe's powerful tools: Adobe Dimension has not yet been compiled natively for Apple Silicon ARM processors.

While Adobe Dimension can still run on the new Macs using Apple's Rosetta 2 translation layer, which allows software compiled for Intel x86 processors to run on ARM-based Macs, there is an undeniable impact on performance. The translation layer, although impressive, is not a substitute for native ARM support. It can lead to increased load times, slower rendering speeds, and generally less efficient operation of the software.

The absence of a native ARM version of Adobe Dimension means that users are not able to leverage the full potential of their hardware. For professionals, this can translate to longer project times and a less fluid creative process. For Adobe, it means not keeping pace with the hardware developments that could define the future of creative workflows.

Therefore, I am reaching out to the Adobe development team and the community to highlight the urgency of compiling Adobe Dimension for Apple Silicon ARM processors.

I urge the Adobe development team to prioritize this transition and provide us with a timeline for when we might expect an update on this front. Additionally, I encourage my fellow community members to share their own experiences, emphasizing how a native ARM version of Adobe Dimension could impact their work.

Let's come together to advocate for a tool that is fully optimized for the present and future of Mac computing. We appreciate the hard work Adobe puts into developing software that becomes integral to our creative lives, and we hope to see Adobe Dimension reach its full potential on Apple Silicon ARM processors soon.

Thank you for your attention and support.

Warm regards,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think Adobe has a better way to solve this adressing Adobe Substance 3D Stager as the substitute of Adobe Dimension and also making it as the only Substance software that exceptionally is acessible to all the Creactive Cloud apps subscribers. The other Substance 3D applications still on the actual model as extra paying plan.
Doing this has some benefits: not only they concentrate tottaly only Substance software and leave Dimension as is but also makes us have an intro to Substance and become even more aware of ther capabilities using Stager as a starting point.
Users get a real Dimension upgrade by going to Stager and Adobe gets more users to Substance.
In the end we all win.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines