• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension froze my computer and i lost my project. I can't recover it from my assets.

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was designing something all day, it was my first day trying dimension and it took all day. When i finally was rendering everything froze and i tried to unfreez the pc but nothing worked. So after i had to restart my pc. When i went to see my design was completely lost and nothing was synced. I chatted with an adobe representative and was not helpful at all or gave me any help as to what to do in order this to never happen again. If anyone had any similar issue or there is a magical way to get my hard work back please let me know. Thank you

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020
  1. so far we know you are a Windows user,
  2. that you didn't save your file before doing the rendor [assume that is what the help staff said... at least he should have]
  3. & that your system ran out of Ram which is why it locked up... this means Dimension put it working files in your system temp folder and that tends to be in C drive so should have been wiped when you restarted the computer

no sorry, if the above is true then you are screwed mate

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. so far we know you are a Windows user,
  2. that you didn't save your file before doing the rendor [assume that is what the help staff said... at least he should have]
  3. & that your system ran out of Ram which is why it locked up... this means Dimension put it working files in your system temp folder and that tends to be in C drive so should have been wiped when you restarted the computer

no sorry, if the above is true then you are screwed mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello thank you for the reply. Next time I guess I ll keep saving as I go, as i don't know what else to do to avoid this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines