Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension Hanging - cannot create new project or open new ones

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I used Dimension last thursday, worked fine. Now today, Monday, it wouldn't open existing files or create new ones. No changes to Mac OS or updates to Dimension.

Saw on CC that an update was available, so updated. Still hasn't sovled the problem.

If I try to open via the file, Dimension opens but never gets past the spash screen and a spinning blue ball of death. If I open via the dock, it gets to the 'tour' spash page, but both 'open' and 'create' again just give the spinning ball.

I have used CC to uninstal, Cleaner to make sure it was gone, restarted, reinstalled, restarted, same problem.

Same again with installing the last version again, just in case.

One thing I was suprised with, after purging it (i thought), the dock still gives me the option to open previously opend files, which I thought would have been removed on the install?

I've got a deadline and 10 renders to do, typically!

Thanks
Dimension 3.4.5 (and 3.4.3)
MacBook Pro Late 2013
2.3GHz Quad Core Intel
16GB RAM
Intel graphics card

TOPICS
Download and install , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an Intel graphics card doesn't meet the min system requirements to run the software [https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/system-requirements.html ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

although it did 5 days ago? This is the bit i'm struggling to understand, as I tried an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT - Grpahics card is NVIDIA GForce GT750M - which isn't as hardcore as listed, but did work ok, if slowly, last week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK back when the software was working properly did it perhaps crash during a rendor?

That could cause it to ignore your Gpu card at boot and temporary removal of the sniffer app is my standard work around when that happens 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I renamed the GPU sniffer core in "framework' and it gave me the 'does not meet system requirements' splash.

I'm spinning in circles here trying to find out why it worked one day and not the next. I don't remember it crashing at all.

Thanks for your help by the way, it's much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I've just installed v3.1 and it works fine. Which is a bit weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running into the exact same issue except I have an M1 iMac with 16G RAM and over 500GB free space on the hard drive.

When I log out of my normal account and into another account, the app works.

I've deleted all adobe apps and reinstalled and the issue remains (on the primary account where I keep the work files)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also encountered the same situation. And I don't know what to do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines