• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension is no longer Available

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Substance has been announced and according to the post this would not affect Dimension, however I could not update my Dimension (I used it 1 day ago and it was fine) and had to uninstall to re-install the app...and it has totally disappeared from Creative Cloud which states it is no longer available.

Has Dimension been discontinued out of nowhere for Substance (which isn't included in CC plans) or is there something wrong with the app?

TOPICS
Creative , Download and install , Hardware , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Dimension is still available for Creative Cloud All Apps plans.  Stager and Dimension are not supported on Apple Silicon M1 devices and will not show up if you are on that type of device.  If you're NOT on M1 device and still don't see it in Creative Cloud dekstop please

• Click on your profile picture in CCD
  • Select "Preferences"
  • Go to the "Apps" tab
  • Enable "Show older apps" option

If you're on an enterprise account "show older apps" may be disabled by your enterprise admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimension is now NOT included with the Creative Cloud All Apps. I'm pretty unhappy that I got the All Apps subscriptions, and now Adobe wants me to pay extra $$$ for 3d. I just needed a simple 3d program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, INFO UPDATE:  Apparently Adobe's quietly working on Dimension compatibility.  I'm on an M1 mac, and DIMENSION CAN BE DOWNLOADED ON APPLE SILICON NOW/shows up in the Creative Cloud apps list.

When I downloaded, pop-up info said that Adobe was currently working on a version specifically for Apple Silicon, but that the Intel version of Dimension should now work on Apple Silicon.  

Guessing Dimension was put in the critical care unit after 3D functionality was pulled from photoshop (citing modern processor compability issues), reviving Dimension as their free solution for 3D text (?)

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes selecting 'Show older apps' works - although I am not using an M1 Mac, I'm on a 2015 Intel iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I teach package design and Dimensions was a life saver during Covid. I can't ask students to spend more money on software than they already spend on creative cloud.

It's a shame you aren't keeping Dimensions around, as it would probably get you more Substance subscribers AFTER they graduate and have extra income.

Looks like we will be pivoting back to free PSD mockups now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know it's not been officially confirmed they are discontinuing Dimension? I hope not because a basic 3d package is a great fit with Creative Cloud/Photoshop, and a good introduction / tease for Substance 3D, which otherwise you might not even know about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimension is NOT end of lifed!  It is still available as part of Creative Cloud All Apps and is a supported apps.

Senior Product Manager, 3D & Immersive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come it has been hidden from the main app catalog and put in the 'older app' archive? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimension is still available as part of Creative Cloud All Apps and that will remain so for the immediate future.  I can never promise forever, but if it is end of lifed that would be an official announcement.  It is still supported and available today.

Senior Product Manager, 3D & Immersive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification Jeanette. I must admit I got a bit worried when I tried to download Dimension on my Windows laptop (Surface Book 2) and noticed it was also hidden on under "old apps" in Creative Cloud on Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimensions refused to install, it said my OS was too old,  It said i needed OS 10.12 but i have 10.14.  Would really like to use it. Any suggestions? Thank 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround for Education Users: just log out, than login with a new account (e.g. via google), install dimensions, than login again with education account 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Real scummy move by Adobe.  They kill all 3d features of Photoshop, only a matter of time before they kill dimension since it's listed as Discontinued.  Now they want more money for a new subscription we will all learn and they will kill that too.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you know they want people to buy Stager...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have added some pretty neat dimension-like 3D features to the new release of Illustrator. So I wouldn't be too pessimistic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines