• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension issues

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the latest release of Dimension with students in school. Many have recent/new MacBook Pro or similar MacBook laptops (Intel not M1 chip based) yet the software refuses to work. When loading their file it either crashes immediately of freezes up as soon as they try to apply assets to their models. Both Mac OS and CC are up to date. Files are no different to those opened on other laptops where they work fine. Tried reinstalling Dimension to no effect. Example spec shown

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same problem with my MacBook Pro, the software does not work, when trying to open new file it stucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F8EFD5CD-B256-4F3C-8AC7-46D3B3C36ABC.jpeg

Dimension needs a real Gpu and will not run on integrated graphics chips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true. It will run on my Microsoft Surface with an i5 1.7ghz processor and no separate GPU. So it should run on the students Mac Pro I posted in the image. In fact we’ve had no Max issues using it until the update last week for it to run in M1 chip Macs.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there is difference between getting it installed and actually working correct

Adobe posted their min specs for Dimension here https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/system-requirements.html

if your tech lads know how to remove the sniffer app its possible the software will work but your first question was "why is it failing" and the answeer is still the lack of a real Gpu in your student systems... anyway best of luck to you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines