• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension not starting "minimum open gl version"

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea why I cannot open Dimension. It looked interesting and I wanted to try it out. Everytime I try to launch it gives me "Does not meet minimum open gl version" I don't see how this is possible. 

CPU:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

32GB 3600 speed ram

RTX 2070 super

Installed studio driver from 10.20.20
Isn't open GL 3.2 from like 10 years ago??

Any help is appreciated 

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

*edit to this, I am now able to use dimension. I did some digging and found a thread on this forum actually of someone saying to just go into where dimension is installed and remove"gpusniffer.exe". Worked for me, but i'm guessing that wouldnt work so well for mac folks. Looking at multiple threads of someone from adobe saying they were gonna remove that 2 years ago... lol

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to open previous versions of Dn not 3.4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ys it was about 10 years ago and I'd assume Dimension is not detecting your Gpu... the real question is why

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support was remoting into my Mac Pro for three days trying to figure out why Dimension wasn't letting me get past the Home screen. They finally tried booting into Safe mode and uncovered the error message "Does not meet minimum open gl version." At that point, they told me that I needed to upgrade my graphics card and suggested I upgrade my operating system from Mojave to Catalina.

A bunch of Adobe apps now require High Sierra, which came out only 3 years ago. With Dimension, I'm told I should be using Catalina (according to the Adobe support rep that was on the phone with me and also the one before that). The pace of forced obsolescence is moving too fast for me.

My system is a mid-2010 Mac Pro 12-core that I have pushed to the limit. I just upgraded it to Mojave and upgraded the graphics card so I could have better performance with After Effects. Too bad it's still not good enough to use with Dimension. Guess I won't be using this software until I can afford a new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just read that Apple removed Open GL in Mojave, so in my case there shouldn't even be an issue with Open GL as it's not even present on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*edit to this, I am now able to use dimension. I did some digging and found a thread on this forum actually of someone saying to just go into where dimension is installed and remove"gpusniffer.exe". Worked for me, but i'm guessing that wouldnt work so well for mac folks. Looking at multiple threads of someone from adobe saying they were gonna remove that 2 years ago... lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you have a fix! Just FYI - Unfortunately for us Mac users, this doesn't work. I even found the "gnu-sniffer-core" file in the Package Contents of Dimension and deleted it. Dimension still doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that disconnection my Macbook Pro from any internet connection when starting up Adobe Dimension solves the problem -or at least bypasses the GPU validation. Ok to turn it back on when you've started up DN. Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the GPU sniffer will do nothing for Mac users... Windows users with out the sniffer are basically saying let my computer work it out with out asking Adobe... Rendor speeds may very

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It helped me to disconnect from the internet (WiFi and cable) while starting up Dimension. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines