• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension, Photoshop, OBJ

Participant ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to use Dimension  either app or Web. I do not have desktop or laptop yet. Only iPad Pro.

trying to send a 2D file, psd or pdf into a 3D file. OBJ? Trying to understand the process. If one creates a flower in photoshop, lets say. Save as> psd, or png, jpeg or tiff . Mixamo only accepts FBX, or Obj, or Zip file/character/flower. How do I Save as > Obj file from either Adobe photoshop or illustrator or fresco apps on iPad Pro ??? Advice needed.Thanks !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

you are waisting your time with 3D on Ipad

but 2D is possible and Adobe Draw is worth trying as a tool to grab vectors that you can animate into a 2D worlflow

Adobe does have character animator & its not bad software if you also have a Windows or even Mac laptop to send things too but ime Callipeg is the best around for Ipad users

p.s, 3D = get yourself a good Gpu\ cpu Windows system

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimension is not available for IPad for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why are you trying to turn a 2D flower into a 3D model?

Mixamo is a human model rigging software i.e, 2 arms, 2 legs, a body and a head... it will not rig something that isn't at least somewhat human in shape so a flower isn't going to work unless you want your human to maybe have a shirt with an image if a flower on it

puting my dev hat on I assume Adobe wants to go down the Ios path at some point where every device connects to the internet in order to rendor but they don't have much experence with networks and at this point are about 10 years behind everyone else so your ipad is better off with 3rd [non Adobe] apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh? What app do you suggest?
I just want to learn 2D images to 3D . So let's say I have a 2D child but I
want it to move , what app can I use to make it move ?
Thank u
Dawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are waisting your time with 3D on Ipad

but 2D is possible and Adobe Draw is worth trying as a tool to grab vectors that you can animate into a 2D worlflow

Adobe does have character animator & its not bad software if you also have a Windows or even Mac laptop to send things too but ime Callipeg is the best around for Ipad users

p.s, 3D = get yourself a good Gpu\ cpu Windows system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Much gratitude for your advice!
I will try Callipeg.
Also, what PC do u recommend? You stated ,"a good Gpu\ cpu Windows system ".
I heard Dell is good with good support. 16 GB? Desktop version ,more
reasonably priced.
What r ur thoughts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Callipeg is fabulous ! I am going to have fun learning this . I hope I
can use Apple Pencil 2nd generation.
Thank u so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the learning curve is worth the effort as most people [including Adobe] follow their lead when it comes to ui design

buying a desktop system in todays minning market is tricky because a Gpu that costs $100 three years ago will cost you at least $600 today... if you can get it and minning sucks all the life from a card so 2nd hand markets are full of sad Gpu's an inch from death

imo you are better of looking around for a so-called gaming laptop which just means it has a Gpu chip instead of intergrated which is worthless for 3D or gaming... any Gpu that has 4G vram [don't buy 2G models] in most countries you can still pick up Vivobooks like N705U for less than a grand and refubished is also fine if you trust the shop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines