• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension surfaces are all too dark

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Dimensions and watched the Adobe tutorial and worked with it for about an hour. Nothing I made looks good. I want an alumnium can decorated with my label but no matter what lighting I use, I get basically a black or dark colored metallic surface. Does not look anything like an alumnium can.

I watched this other tutorial and it's no help:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM-3PydkMBg

Nothing this guy creates looks very good either but he seems pleased when clicking something produces a result. I have higher hopes. I did notice the "aluminum" surface material he uses though.

Evidently, that material is not included in the basic set. Olive Oil and Gelatin are, but not aluminum. Really? So I purchased aluminum for $10 at Adobe Stock, but I'm not getting any better results. Nothing that looks remotely like an alumnium can anyway. 

The application doesn't seem that difficult. Just not very good. Is that about right?

If anyone monitors this forum, I could use advice on where to find better tutorials or how to get my $10 back from Adobe.   

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Mac , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the material in that tutorial demo is from v1 and v2 but Mic said remove it so v3 & v3.1 don't have it anymore... whatever you got off Stock for $10 isn't it and yes some people like it better than the new stuff so we hacked the ui in order to keep it

example:

middle part of canmiddle part of can

the middle part is that material... I don't recommend people hack Adobe software so you can have the file as a DnV3.1 which should be the copy you downloaded. that way you will have a copy of the old material which you can use (copy \ paste) without hacking anything

as for good tutorials = no there is nothing at all for v3.1 which is the current public build but the internet is full of great demo of the early versions. imo Dimension has a lot to offer if you take the time to learn it but I'm not going to get upset if its not your cup of tea mate

[edit]

yes you can add dirt etc

sun + dingssun + dings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great response norway. I tried your file and it does work a little better for me. I'll give it some time. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines