• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension UI glitching when I move mouse cursor

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, any idea what can be a solution? The UI is glitching when I put cursor over interactive elements. Fresh install, Windows 10. 

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JMathews posted about this on the Stager forum, where someone reported the same issue, so I'm just going to paste her reply here. It's an issue with the Nvidia driver:

"Hello!  This is an issue with a specific NVidia setting, we believe. Open the NVidia Control Panel Select Manage 3D settings from the left hand navigation bar In the right-hand Manage 3D settings pane select Global settings tab Feature: Image Sharpening Set image sharpening to "Sharpening off" If you would prefer to have sharpening on globally, you can also switch to the Program settings tab and override this setting for specifically Stager."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Unfortunately, this doesn't solve my problem - Nvidia updated drivers at the end of last year and now there is no global sharpening setting in the NVidia Control Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been at least three updates since the end of last year. Current Studio driver for my RTX cards is 511.65.

On Windows 11 more of the Nvidia control panel functionality is taken over by the OS, but on Windows 10 the Sharpening setting is at the top of the Global Settings tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. The problem is in a specific update I mentioned in my post Nvidia merged gpu scaling and sharpening into one function, you can read about it here: How to Enable NVIDIA Image Scaling | NVIDIA (custhelp.com)

I have this function disabled on my machine, but the problem is still occuring:

scaling-sharpness.png

There is no other separate sharpness setting I can find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something doesn't make sense here. I have the latest driver (511.65) on my Windows 10 machine, and it definitely has "image sharpening" as the top entry in the Global tab. The Nvidia page you linked to is about gaming. Are you sure you have the Studio driver installed and not the Game Ready driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and I thank you again. Indeed, I have Game Ready driver, and it turns out my card is not supported by the Studio driver. Bummer. The weird thing is that Blender works perfectly fine on my machine and Dimension works too (rendering etc.), just the UI is so messed up, it's unusable. Oh well. Any info if a fix is in the works? A lot of people are using lower end non RTX Nvidia cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm glad we narrowed down the problem but sorry to learn your situation. From what I know (which isn't a whole lot), the Stager team have been flat out for a while now working on something major. If I were to guess, I'd say it was to do with M1 and AMD support for Mac users, but that is a guess. They are a fairly small team. There isn't some hidden army of ninja software engineers ready to leap in and help at a moment's notice, so everything is down to them. That leaves us users a little hung up sometimes. There's no timeline for a fix, so it could happen in a week or a month or more.

What you do from here depends on your circumstances. If you're a hobbyist on a tight budget and can't upgrade, uninstall your current driver and revert to (do a clean install of) a Dec 2021 version. If you're a professional designer or plan to become one, and you're serious about working with 3D, strongly consider investing in the best RTX GPU you can afford. The 20 series are less expensive now that the 30 series is established in the market, and even the RTX 2060 in my laptop has remarkable rendering power. Because Dimension has native support for the RTX ray tracing pipeline, the speed difference compared to a GTX is huge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st this issue is caused by the sharpening settings override... thanks for posting the screenshot which is how I know for sure.

2nd Nvidia updated their drivers a few days ago @ 14-02... if you don't see sharpening then you don't have Nvidia software installed right or are looking in the wrong spot because different gpu can have it in different places but they all have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem is more complicated, please see my reply to AlanGilbertson above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no fix is coming because Dimension is finished and the dev team team has moved onto Stager, which is basically Dimension + more $ but you are welcome to keep using Dimension for as long as it keeps working which for most of you will be sometime this year.

imo if you want to get into 3D then stop waisting your time on Adobe software; Blender or SketchUp are both free and much better options than anything Adobe puts out... when you are ready to spend $ move onto Iclone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines