• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension V3.2 can not open files

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I  just updated dimension to V3.2. After I updated, I can not open any file, or create new files. I reinstall the software, still have the same problem.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have same problem from Dimension V3.2 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then you installed it wrong but I don't have enough details to fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed it twice and i still can't open nor create a new document, got an infinite loading cursor.
How can you install it wrong, you just have to click the install buton.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In more detail description as follows, I already used Adobe Dimension for a few time, and it was used normally until V3.1. After Adobe Creative Cloud automatically updated Adobe Dimension to V3.2 couple of days ago, I could n’t open a new file or create a new designed, and the screen stays in the infinite loop waiting file opening screen and the cursor turns into a rotating spiral; but Dimension did not crashed (the screen shot as attached, but the spiral rotating cursor can not showed in the screen shot ). After that, I have tried to uninstall Adobe Dimension and reinstalled it twice from Adobe Creative Cloud, but neither of them improved. I don't know what went wrong?
The hardware information is as follows,

CPU: Intel Core i7-8650U 1.90 GHz 2.11 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 with 2 GB RAM

Dimension Screen Shot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, this is after multiple reinstall attempts and making sure my drivers are all up-to-date. When I revert back to 3.1 I get no issues, everything opens and works properly. Hope this gets fixed soon, really want to start messing around with the new features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your information. Then, how do I reinstall Adobe Dimension V3.1 from Adobe Creative Cloud temporarily before Adobe fix that issue for V3.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LambdaClass_0-1587074048759.png

Click on the three dots next to the "Open" button for Dimension, then click on "other versions" as shown in the screenshot. That will open a window showing the previous versions of Dimension you can install. Find the 3.1 patch and click install. That will automatically uninstall 3.2 and install your selected version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I got it. it is OK after I reinstalled V3.11 as your mentioned above. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, same issue. We'll probably have to wait for an update that fixes it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation issues
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot understand that the Adobe Creative Cloud system automatically updates the Dimension version from V3.1 to V3.2, causing the problem that the Dimension program cannot open old files or create new files. Isn't this the problem of the program itself? in my concept that is only the problem of separate Adobe Dimension single program? But if I use Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, it is need to reinstall all the programs of Adobe CC? Could you please share your experience to comment the issue to solve everyone's problems? Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using the cleaner tool and followed the steps provided in the link above but still ran into the same problem after reinstalling Dimension. Either I did it wrong, by just uninstalling Dimension and using the cleaner tool on CoreSync like the link recommends, or the problem doesn't have to do with a bad install but rather a bug in Dimension in the current version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I quite agree this LambdaClass's opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely a bug with this version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone knows that Adobe has corrected this bug of Dimension V3.2, to that time tell everyone please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same bug 4 years later.  So annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines