Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension Won't open a large project

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I can't open a fairly large Adobe Dimension project that I've been working on. It is 114Mb.

I started this project on a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5, which has 16GB of RAM and not much to be said for the graphics card. The project would either fail to open entirely or open and then display a white screen. After looking for answers, the most obvious one was that my PC just wan't powerful enough. Totally understandable.

So I bought an HP Victus 16 with 32GB of RAM and a bunch of other nice things as far as graphics should go. This one: HP Victus 16-r0073cl 16.1" Gaming Laptop Computer (Refurbished) - Mica Silver; Intel Core i7 13th Ge...

Now my Adobe Dimension project loads to 90% and then freezes. Ctr+Alt+Del, End Task, Open Project, Load to 90%, freeze, repeat. I've tried a dozen times now. So how do I get this to open? What can I try? 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open it with previous versions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried...yet. How far back should I go? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO far I've trtied 3.4.8, 3.4.4, 3.4, and none of those worked so I'm moving onto 3.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried 3.3 and 3.2 until Dimension told me the version was too old and couldn't be opened. It was always the same result where it loads to 90% and then freezes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it possible to share a file for testing?. Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines