• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimensions Decal Distorting

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When placing the decal around this object it gets distorted at the back. The object is the from the starter assets. I've tried 'Generate UV' and that doesnt help. How can I fix this? I've attached an image below for ease of reference.

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 2.15.15 PM.png

TOPICS
Creative , How to , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you steps? Can you describe how you placing decal and what are your decal properties. Also sharing file can help to understand problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ares,

I selected the jar and placed the graphic using "Place the graphic Model". Where should I send the file? Tried attaching the dimensions file and I get an error saying the content type does not match its file extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to share a Dn file in Adobe cloud you must zip it first... this is because Adobe uses the buddle system and library team doesn't talk to Dimension or bother to test things actually work in the real world before kicking them out the door in time for Max

note only zip is allowed not any of the other standard files types like 7z

decal can not ever go all the way around an object... that needs a fill instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get error "The file type (.zip) is not supported." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is supported if you use the file sync system, not the library

open the local storage to add your zip file [1]

then once it uploads open the web storage [2] to share the zip

Screenshot (163).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sending file. I think this is a very bad bug that do not allows to place image on sphere object. I try on cube and it work fine but small gap still happens between edges.If you will change your jar form to square it will work fine.

Here is a capture of my simple model with decal that I have created for testing. 

I will report this to Dimension Team, today and will inform you about their feedback.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I hope they find a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rendor will have noise that needs to be editedrendor will have noise that needs to be edited

while true imo most of the issue [in this case] is because of the model and 95% can be repaired which may get him out of trouble in the mean while

the files with working out

mested up UV mapmested up UV mapadd template wine bottleadd template wine bottlejust keep the lablejust keep the lablefine tune as neededfine tune as needed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Ussnorway. I appreciate all the work you put in to find a work around. I'll use this in the meantime until Adobe finds a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

np but shop around as well... a quick look on Adobe Stock could save you a lot of time

much better model imomuch better model imo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines