• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimensions won't create new document/ open document

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having trouble using Dimensions. When I was using the free trial it worked just fine. But now that I've purchased it it wont let me create a new file. The initial window pops up that includes the "create new" and "open" buttons, but when clicking on either button it loads for a long time until eventually quitting. I've tried restarting my computer, using older versions of dimensions, and uninstalling dimensions as well as the creative cloud app all together and redownloading/ installing but nothing seems to work. Assistance would be much appreciated! Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a known registration issue caused by Adobe not testing their system works before kicking it out the door... your idea to remove the old Dimension is correct but it must be totally removed with the clean up tool before reinstalling again

contact the help desk and get them to remote into your Mac if you can't do it yourself mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is link to Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation issues
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

You can remove only Dimension app from the list of program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run into this issue today. It's the first day of Adobe MAX 2020. Very surprised. I ran the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove Dimension and then reinstalled it. The solution does not work. The app is completely non-functional. It's completely frozen on launch. I'm not going to delete my entire Creative Cloud suite and spend hours reinstalling everything and adding back all my preferences and shortcuts. This is unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem (rnnning on Mac). All CC 2020/2021 apps that I updated on Monday work great EXCEPT for Dimension which errors out after it launches. I can't create any new documents and it crashes. What the heck is going on? Also noticed Dimension is the ONLY app that did not have an update on Monday like all the other applications. 

Adobe needs to fix this. I submitted a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently having this issue. Did you ever get this resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded Dimensions for the first time ever and having this exact issue (ver. 3.4.4). Please tell me there is other way to fix this besides reinstalling all my suite apps with my personalized settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i aslo have sthis issue suddenly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any help aavailble?

did anyone solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

we have the same issue. and no one bothered their team to answer our problem. mines don't create files hangs during lunching 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines