• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distorted label

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to put a decal on a jar in Dimension. The label keeps distorting and is not completely wrapping around the jar. I have tried doing the UV thing but am having no luck. Please help me out, thanks! Screenshot 2021-10-14 101647.png

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021
  1. decal never wraps all the way around... for that you need a fill which you can then adjust using the export Uv tool as Ares shows in his vid
  2. that model is part of the problem as it does not have a good surface for labels... I would consider adding a label area to the model but try the UV export tool first as that is a simple fix which may be good enought

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is known issue. Please use Export UVs feature to cerrect it.

https://youtu.be/jFFqWHD3Q_4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. decal never wraps all the way around... for that you need a fill which you can then adjust using the export Uv tool as Ares shows in his vid
  2. that model is part of the problem as it does not have a good surface for labels... I would consider adding a label area to the model but try the UV export tool first as that is a simple fix which may be good enought

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines