• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distorted Shadows

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone aware of what might be causing this jagged/distorted shadow? it appears in both the design window, render preview and the rendered image. see screenshot for details.

I've tried changing the lighting, and changing the scale of the model, but it remains the same.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Since it's appearing in the final render it's likely a geometry issue.  If you can send the obj to tickets@adobedimension.com we can take a look!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it's appearing in the final render it's likely a geometry issue.  If you can send the obj to tickets@adobedimension.com we can take a look!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeanette, I can't share the OBJ as it contains intellectual property unfortunately.

You were right that it was a geometry issue. I just tried exporting it through different sofware with different settings (3DS max instead of Inventor) and that seems to have solved it.

Cheers,

Tom Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines