• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Dimension CC import Fuse generated models?

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see my Fuse generated models in the Dimension CC My Libary but they are all grayed out.

If I right click a model and select Use in Document then nothing happens.

Is this another typical example of the whole Adobe 3D mess where its own programs can't work with each other?
MR

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

At the moment Dimension can't directly read Fuse characters.  You'd need to import to Photoshop/Export as an .obj.  We definitely plan to make updates to the 3D ecosystem as a whole between Fuse, Photoshop, and Dimension, but at the moment there's not much you can do with a Fuse character directly in Dimension.  Dimension does not currently support posing (rigged characters) or animation, so you have to do that part in Photoshop or another 3D app first.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GM55A  wrote

I can see my Fuse generated models in the Dimension CC My Libary but they are all grayed out.

If I right click a model and select Use in Document then nothing happens.

Is this another typical example of the whole Adobe 3D mess where its own programs can't work with each other?
MR

you can open Fuse made characters from your library into Photoshop only

• once in Photoshop you can set the pose you want

Screenshot (110).png

• you can also add extra 3d parts to make a scene or just have the character

Screenshot (138).png

• once you have the basic 3d model made in Photoshop you can then export the 3d layer as a WaveFront | OBJ... be sure to tick the box for textures and perhaps the scene option

Screenshot (112).png

• you now have a obj file that Dimension can open and perhaps edit

Screenshot (140).png

• add extra textures or objects then rendor the scene

Screenshot (142).png

SteamPunk.png

I change her outfit every few days but this is my desktop "steampunk"... have some fun with it

Screenshot (413).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment Dimension can't directly read Fuse characters.  You'd need to import to Photoshop/Export as an .obj.  We definitely plan to make updates to the 3D ecosystem as a whole between Fuse, Photoshop, and Dimension, but at the moment there's not much you can do with a Fuse character directly in Dimension.  Dimension does not currently support posing (rigged characters) or animation, so you have to do that part in Photoshop or another 3D app first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this in 2021? As far as I'm aware, the workflow is still the same years later. It would be extremely helpful to be able to download a Mixamo posed character and import directly into Dimension. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update, Adobe killed Fuse and ripped out the integration between cc library and Photoshop so that pretty much killed the workflow and Adobe doesn't have any decent 3D option now

You can still import Fuse characters as Fbx or Obj but the options to pose them is very limited and by default the new Mac drivers make everything look plastic raincoat so you will need to adjust the ruf maps i.e, turn it down or invert the colours

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines