• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drastically improved render times with update 2.3

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else observed a massive change with render times following update 2.3? A render that previously took nearly 40 hours to render completed in less than 3 hours after update 2.3.

I assumed that I must have overlooked a quality or resolution setting to see such a huge difference, but render settings are unchanged for me. It doesn't appear the GPU is assisting with the render, either. Has anyone else noticed significant improvements? Or am I losing my marbles?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is a small speed improvement but nothing that massive no

I would assume your system was doing something in the background before when it took 40 hours

p.s, your Gpu is ignored by Dimension during rendor (by design!)... its only the Cpu doing the work which is something of a sore spot but they are trying to find a way to get that fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the same thing, but it's been uniform across all renders I've ran following the 2.3 update. Massive speed improvements. I'm seeing render performance increases of 10x. Nothing has changed with settings, software, or hardware on my machine other than the 2.3 update that took place. I'm quite happy about this, but it's such a leap in performance that I'm baffled about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well it could be that your Cpu chip had some bug that was blocking rendors and the Adobe team found the error in this last patch. There isn't any documentation so your guess is as good as mine there... anyway happy for you mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines