Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Error when importing OBJ/STL file

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how are you?

I’m having this error when importing an OBJ file, made on SolidWorks (Converted and Decimated on Blender):

Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 10.24.25.png

I tried different levels of complexity on the file, also .stl extension, every time the same thing happens. Can you help me fix this?

My configurations:

Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 10.24.32.png

Link to OBJ:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r6e9f6IvG5rmpFfD5HrJsA-lEr8cAPT0/view?usp=sharing

Link to STL:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ggXVeP-VZg6xosAZLw1Ai391w0VKrc9f/view?usp=sharing

P.S.: No log file was generated.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020
Hello, i think the file is to complex for Dn or something like that. Try this, open the obj file in Photoshop and export the mesh to an new obj file. The file can be imported in Dn. Just try that and it's ok  Your obj file as no uv.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i think the file is to complex for Dn or something like that.

Try this, open the obj file in Photoshop and export the mesh to an new obj file. The file can be imported in Dn.

Just try that and it's ok 😉

Your obj file as no uv.

Capture d'écran 2020-03-03 23.13.16.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not complexity, the issue is the file is not correct to standard i.e, the Obj isn't really a true Obj and the fix is to convert the file to spec... Photoshop can do this as shown

radio-View 1.jpgradio-View 2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines