Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when importing OBJ/STL file

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how are you?

I’m having this error when importing an OBJ file, made on SolidWorks (Converted and Decimated on Blender):

Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 10.24.25.png

I tried different levels of complexity on the file, also .stl extension, every time the same thing happens. Can you help me fix this?

My configurations:

Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 10.24.32.png

Link to OBJ:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r6e9f6IvG5rmpFfD5HrJsA-lEr8cAPT0/view?usp=sharing

Link to STL:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ggXVeP-VZg6xosAZLw1Ai391w0VKrc9f/view?usp=sharing

P.S.: No log file was generated.

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Import and export , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Hello, i think the file is to complex for Dn or something like that.

Try this, open the obj file in Photoshop and export the mesh to an new obj file. The file can be imported in Dn.

Just try that and it's ok 😉

Your obj file as no uv.

Capture d'écran 2020-03-03 23.13.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i think the file is to complex for Dn or something like that.

Try this, open the obj file in Photoshop and export the mesh to an new obj file. The file can be imported in Dn.

Just try that and it's ok 😉

Your obj file as no uv.

Capture d'écran 2020-03-03 23.13.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not complexity, the issue is the file is not correct to standard i.e, the Obj isn't really a true Obj and the fix is to convert the file to spec... Photoshop can do this as shown

radio-View 1.jpgradio-View 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It seems like you might be encountering an issue with opening an OBJ file in a particular software, and you've been advised to try a workaround in Photoshop to export the mesh to a new OBJ file. This solution should help make the file compatible with the software you mentioned, possibly Dn.

To resolve this issue, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the OBJ file in Photoshop.

2. Once the file is open, navigate to the "File" menu.

3. Select the "Export" option and choose "OBJ" as the format.

4. Save the file as a new OBJ file with a different name or in a different location.

5. After exporting, you should have a new OBJ file that can be imported into Dn without any issues.

Please note that the original OBJ file might not have UV mapping, which could have been causing the problem in the first place. If you still face issues or encounter any errors during this process, consider checking the software's documentation or seeking help on a forum dedicated to the software you are using.

I hope this solution works for you, and your OBJ file can be imported into Dn successfully. If you have any further questions or encounter any difficulties, please feel free to ask for additional assistance. 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 making ai accounts is against forum rules

2 more importantly the advice @Thomas Lind gives out is worthless bull-s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

posting spam links is also againt forum rules... not that Adobe cares these days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines