• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting obj from dimension to mixamo has no texture

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export an obj from dimension to mixamo I don't have textures on my model.I tried importing a folder that has been compressed into a zip file which includes the OBJ and the MTL file and I get a message that tells me there is a rigging problem.

If anyone has a solution to this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

At this moment Adobe Mixamo Team working on updates. There are some workarounds that can help to solve rigged problem with using charachters from Mixamo.

1.Dn OBJ export crashes rigged properties of character model. Try to import Dn exported obj into PS and then export new obj from Ps for uploading into Mixamo. Do not use Face expressions for rigging that models in Mixamo. Some time that properties crashes rigged process. 

2. You can download any rigged character from Mixamo and use them wit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this moment Adobe Mixamo Team working on updates. There are some workarounds that can help to solve rigged problem with using charachters from Mixamo.

1.Dn OBJ export crashes rigged properties of character model. Try to import Dn exported obj into PS and then export new obj from Ps for uploading into Mixamo. Do not use Face expressions for rigging that models in Mixamo. Some time that properties crashes rigged process. 

2. You can download any rigged character from Mixamo and use them without any problem.

3. Create character in Fuse and save them into CC Libraries. Dragging them into Ps allows to rigged them directly in Ps and also use Face Expression. Also you can drag them from CC libraries directly into Dn

4. Characters that are exported from Dn can't be rgged in Mixamo at this moment. 

Fo any opther question regarding Mixamo character please check Fuse forum where you can find more converstions concerning your Mixamo.https://community.adobe.com/t5/fuse-beta/bd-p/fuse?page=1&sort=relevance&filter=all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues.

I really wish there was an FBX export option from DN or some way to get DN and Mixamo to communicate. 

I built a beautiful low poly model and textured with Substance Painter... can see it in DM but can't get it out of there to see in Mixamo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mixamo is a rigging platform and not designed for textures, never mind Substance materials... simply add the textures after you rig the bones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use the same method described above when importing itno Marvelous Designer for rigged models from Mixamo. Hope Mixamo will be imroved soon..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines