• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File does not exist. It may have been renamed, moved, or deleted.

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a file yesterday, saved it and then closed Dn. I tried to open it this morning (computer was left on) and I get the error message stated in the subject line. The file is not missing as you will see in the screenshot but I am unable to open it. Have tried double clicking the file, using file open and navigating to the file.

This has been the case for all Dn files I have created (3 total:). The work around I have found is to create a new file and import the file as a 3D model (file "...Stacked2" in the screenshot). From there I am able to continue working. The new file will even show up in the "Recent" list after closing but it seems to be the trend that after a day has passed Dn no longer recognizes the file.

Grateful for any help!

Dn 3.4.1 (build number included in 2nd screenshot)

Edition Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎3/‎12/‎2021
OS build 19042.868
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

That seems to be my issue!

We work from a shared cloud drive here in the office and any file I save to that directory gives me the error message. I saved out samples to other places (local desktop, Onedrive, Creative Cloud Files folder, etc) and they all opened without a problem.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you saving files to a temp folder perhaps like the desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That seems to be my issue!

We work from a shared cloud drive here in the office and any file I save to that directory gives me the error message. I saved out samples to other places (local desktop, Onedrive, Creative Cloud Files folder, etc) and they all opened without a problem.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines