• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flat shape inside 3D shape

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having issues with Both Adobe Dimensions and Adobe Photoshop. Any time I attempt to make a 3D bottle I still have the original pre extruded shape displayed inside and I can't get rid of it. It effects the lighting on my bottle and any label I attempt to place on top. I have designed my full bottle and even simplified it and attempted to build it in sections but the same end result. Hope someone can help! 

F94EC29D-A032-4A8F-99BA-0A296730B03B.png

4B33EFD9-F608-415C-A94A-18A7B2B6DA77.png60078D99-DD36-4EEB-A9CF-C678BD2D24E6.jpeg

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you are a Mac user so there are two possible causes;

A the metal drivers got kicked out the door busted which can cause major issues with transparent rendors

or

B the way you make your models in Photoshop needs some fine tunning

Screenshot (3441).pngScreenshot (3444).pngScreenshot (3447).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here are my notes on making bottles in Photoshop for use in Dimension

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dimension/how-to-make-a-good-bottle-in-photoshop-for-dimension-my-way...

I use Windows which is a little easyer than Mac to get a good rendor... for Apple Macs I move all the slidders down [not just opacity] and I do a rendor without spotlights before export

I used my work laptop to make you some example files

download them and have a look at the Photoshop rendor first, then you can open the Dn file, add your bottle, copy the material from my bottle onto yours and do a test rendor

to be clear, its not about Windows being better than Mac but they are different and this allows us a baseline set of files for fine tunning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for trying to help! I've been searching for ages trying to find a solution, I used your bottle example and placed my label on top and I was still having similar issues, I managed to get rid of it on my bottle but then my label was repeating itself and glitching in the bottle, I feel as if I am doing something blatantly wrong but I'm new (ish) to this software so anymore help would be amazing! However I can't thank you enough for the effort you have already put into this! Thank you! 

2A50DCA3-796D-4A31-BA10-3A502ADEA201.jpeg

3241DEFF-8519-4540-903F-D01852BDFF74.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well thats progress so now we just need to fix your label

option 1 = show me a screen shot of your label settings... is the repeat X & Y set to a number other than 1?

resetsresets

option 2 go back to the notes and see the template... that comes with a label and you clearly know how to cut up models so use that label on your bottle. the advantage is that is not a extrusion so the decal system will work well and you don't need to use a fill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't seem to be given the option of repeat on my X and Y, I only have the scale option? 

A9C670E1-3A92-4FB9-9C86-CEA1A3CE0AFC.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image shows that it is set to "decal"... change the type to "fill" and you will get the option to repeat

so to be clear, decal is the default but doesn't work on extrusions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have managed to get this far but once I change it to fill, it seems to spin the label, still duplicate 2 even though I have it set to 1 and appear inside the bottle too, I think there must be something wrong with my process when drawing out the bottle as I thought I had removed whatever was inside. 

F825F167-1CBE-41DE-A3A8-3CEC31ADB2FE.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes adding a 'fill' takes a bit of skill, thats a big label for such a small bottle so the actual image needs to be resized width wise to fit the shape you want... its hard to explain but can you share the files?

the other option, is to take the label from the bottle template and use that to put your label on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

p.s, here are some more ruff examples

I've tried to show how the opacity map can make a label look like its on the glass itself but most of the time people just want something that looks like paper and there are other ways to do it... this is just the way I like

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines