• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flatlay perspective in adobe dimension

Participant ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have started working on adobe dimension. Basically, I have started graphic designing a few months back for the first time. I am unable to get a mockup design in a flat lay perspective. I need to make coffee can mockups in a flatlay perspective with shadows. Can I do that in the dimension of will I have to take it to photoshop?143701655-coffee-or-tea-paper-cup-coffee-beans-on-yellow-background-top-view-flat-lay-copy-space-take-away-cof.jpg

TOPICS
Creative , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Try to use 3 Point Light from light assets to achive desired shadows properties and location with in your composition. Also use drop to ground feature for correct position for your object. After adjusting cameras for initial object just copy them or duplicate them (you can also duplicate them as instances)

Screenshot 2021-04-03 200412.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flat lay = yes its possible to do with Dimension

1 blue cup on yellow background is not a good idea, you want high contrast... I'd go with black background with that colour blue

2 zoom in a bit on the cup... its a little out of focus

3 that shadow is too far so move your sunlight higher

you can turn the background on \ off in Photoshop after rendor if you like but imo it will not matter as much as the points above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your response. I completely missed mentioning that this is a google image to show what how I want the output to be like. A top view of my coffee cup with shadow. I tried on dimension but somehow I am unable to get an exact bird's view. Can you tell me how can I get that? I used the rotate tool, pan tool everything, moved them around a bit but can't get it. A sample of what I am trying to achieve(reference from Google)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to use 3 Point Light from light assets to achive desired shadows properties and location with in your composition. Also use drop to ground feature for correct position for your object. After adjusting cameras for initial object just copy them or duplicate them (you can also duplicate them as instances)

Screenshot 2021-04-03 200412.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so much, this helped a lot. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree the overhead 'sun' light is too strong and the shadows distract the eye away from the cans... a little shadow is fine because people expect to see one but it should be small

i would also lift all the cans a few mm up off the ground plan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines