• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting a 3D model from an Image of an Existing Product

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering something. In my business, I sell a particular coffee Tumbler. I have an image of it. How do I make it a 3d model or can I? I used one I found, but for advertising purposes, I would really like to use the one that I actually sell.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is outside of the scope of what Dimension can do.  I don't know of any application that can make a 3D model from a single image.  There are some mobile apps that can make models from multiple images, video, or live scanning the object.  However the quality on these tend to be less than ideal.  If it's an item that you sell but don't manufacture the chances of getting a 3d model are lower.  If you work at the company that sells the product then likely your company already has a 3D model and you can check with the manufacturing department.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you post the image of this coffee thing?

if it has basic shapes then its prob faster to just make it in a 3d program like Maya or purchase one from the stock makers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqJwJyiC0Jc

on what software this is the guess. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never heard about this... May be this is introduction of idea that now has been implemented in Adobe 4d Modeler Beta Substance 3D Modeler | Substance 3D Modeler (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines