• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Global Selection by Material

New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I import Sketchup models, they are organized in numerous groups, each group with many materials.  I would like to change ie insert substance or adobe standard materials on a global basis.  Is there a way to select objects based on materials? Or to globally replace a material when they are in groups of mixed materials?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

you asked if Dimension can do this and the answer is no but if you want to add your vote for it then go here

https://feedback.adobedimension.com/forums/552559-adobe-dimension-feature-requests

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no Dimension does not auto select anything well but it can auto change more than one material if you select them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be this can help in your task:

Link materials to edit them through the scene

Applying a material to multiple objects at the same time or using the Sampler tool will create a linked material.  When a linked material is edited, the change will be reflected through the whole scene. To unlink a material, use the “Break Material Link” action in the Actions panel.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/how-to/add-edit-3d-material.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The material link works where I can change the setting of the imported material globally but it doesn't let me change the material itself on a global basis, ie insert a substance material.  I bring in CAD models, layering is set up per the CAD workflow, it would be great to have global material selection available within Dimension as it is impractical to select all instances of a specific material with the existing Dimension tools.  CAD models have hundreds of material instances.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you asked if Dimension can do this and the answer is no but if you want to add your vote for it then go here

https://feedback.adobedimension.com/forums/552559-adobe-dimension-feature-requests

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines