I'm using Adobe Dimensions 2020 v3.3.0 & facing two problems in it.
1. GPU Render option suddenly disappeared from preferences. It was working like charm but now it's using CPU for render & taking lot of time for final output.
Solutions tried: Reinstall old/new GPU drivers & Dimensions. Nothing worked.
2. I want to place Decal on jar where it'll be covering around 95% of it's surface (circumference, no fill). Whenever I try to do that after some size (say 50%), decal gets distorted weirdly. This is happening only with Jar or cylinder shape.
Solutions tried: I created jars using other 3D softwares and imported obj in dimensions. Generated UVs for every jar imported. Changed surfaces, sizes, etc. Nothing worked.
1. is because you updated Gpu drivers and Adobe only tested that single old driver for Gpu rendor then ignored the tool because Apple doesn't want it... Adobe is aware but for now, the only fix is to install the Gpu driver that was around back when the option was first put out
2 is because the jar UV map or actual vertices are made wrong... if you share the file I'll try to fix it for you
Thanks for the response.
1. Yes, I did driver update but then uninstalled same & installed old one. Still, the option is missing. Another thing, I am on Windows.
2. I am sharing files on which I am facing the problem but just to check, you can take any jar/cylinder shape available in stock and try to apply attached decal on it.
Thanks a bunch for fixing it for me. I can see you have added an extra layer on it. It's an excellent quick fix, though.
I was trying to finger out the GPU render issue. I found that only v442.XX drivers (both studio & game ready) work with GPU rendering. Beyond this, GPU rendering works only with simple designs. For intricate designs, it throws GPU render error & switch back to CPU rendering.
Note: Tested on GTX 1050 Ti & 1650 Max Q Design.