• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has Adobe removed some assets in the "Materials" category from the Starter Assets?

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been about a year since I've last used Dimension (and at least an update or two), but I can't seem to find many of the assets I used to use. For example, all the liquid materials (oil, beer, water, etc.) and some other solid materials (like glass, glowing, etc.) seem to be gone. (NOTE: I've found some old projects I have where I used those assets; the objects I've applied the material to (glass in this case) is still there and with the glass material applied, but I still don't see it (the glass material) in any of the Dimension menus.) 

I get why they would not advertise this (removing of free assets), but I just want to see if I'm just being dumb and am overlooking them. So, I guess my questions is, “Does anyone know if they (the free assets) have been moved or removed completely from Adobe Dimension's 'Starter Assets'?"

Thanks! 

EDIT: Turns out it's true. I am, in fact, an idiot. What I was looking for is under "Adobe Standard Materials" (located directly above the "Substance Materials"). I'll leave this up in case anyone else is a dumb as me.

TOPICS
Creative , How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes some materials where dropped in the switch from Nvidia - Substance like most of the old woods and two of the metals... you can still use these materials but they are imaged based so I would test the new Substance materials about to come out first to see if you like them better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines