• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help - Importing Sketchup .obj file into Adobe Dimension

New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone - I've been working on a 3D model in Sketchup (I am a student and this is my first time playing around with 3d modelling.) I exported the Sketchup file as a .obj file, and then tried to import into Adobe Dimension to add colours and materials. When I try import the file, I receive the popup pictured below. Does anyone please have any advice? I'm not sure what I have done wrong, or if theres anything I can do to fix this. I have attached images below of the error prompt, the settings I used (I also played around with unticking and ticking options although nothing worked), and an image of the model itself. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

popuppopupsettingssettingsmodelmodel

TOPICS
Creative , How to , Import and export , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dn told that it can import only polygon based geometry. It related to meshes structure. 

Here is convertin about your topic.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dimension/sketchup-obj-export-to-import-dimensions/td-p/9534883?page=...

It seems that your models are created from basic shapes. Would be better if you will try to build it in Dn from scratch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines