• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with dimension materials?

Explorer ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Dimension. I used it a few years ago but am just getting back into it and now see there is a whole suite of additional apps. 

I find them all really confusing...like shouldn't they just be one app in total? but just want to do a few product mockups so DN is fine for me I think..(I also only get the stager and other apps and not the material library included in my school subscription)  

I downloaded a basic model from stock and uploaded it to DN but the color of the mateiral is not right. Is there not a way to adjust like the color/opacity of the materials? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Welcome to the world of Dimension! It's perfect for product mockups, so I don't pay for the Substance subscription.

And yes, you can change the material by dragging a new material on top of the object. Or, if you want to edit the settings, click on the right arrow of the layer you want to adjust. The settings will appear on the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the world of Dimension! It's perfect for product mockups, so I don't pay for the Substance subscription.

And yes, you can change the material by dragging a new material on top of the object. Or, if you want to edit the settings, click on the right arrow of the layer you want to adjust. The settings will appear on the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awseome thanks so much! it worked. Would you happen to know how to make the edges of an added graphic not be wavy? I added this graphic from AI but the edges are choppy looking...Screenshot 2023-05-16 150613.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It comes sometimes from the way the model is built, sometimes the UVs aren't correct and you'll need Dimension to rebuild them

To do that go to Object>generate UVs

Imaginerie_0-1684504293957.png

Also, you have two ways adding graphics within Dimension: Decal and Fill, sometimes decals aren't up to the task. So try "fill" (it acts like a pattern fill in Illustrator). If it doesn't do, go to export UV (in the same menu as previously) and open the exported UV in Photoshop, place your graphic there, following the guidelines)
It can be finicky, but you'll be assured of a perfect placement.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/dimension/using/exporting-model-uvs.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encourage you to view this hits about Adobe and Substance Msterial that can help you to cusomize any propety that you need.Adobe Standard Material | Substance 3D Sampler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines