• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help ... obj file created by fusion 360, I can't insert logo. see exampleSchermata 2019-10-25 alle 22.43.23.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your example shows that the decal is working

if you want a different effect then please tell us want that would look like... as for the model it looks a little stretched but it could be just the angle

p.s, happy to have a go if you want to share the model + decal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks friends: No. I would like the single logo. No repeated. STL file ok single logo. FILE OBJ not single but repeated logo

Screenshot_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe your steps?. That will help us to understand problem. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote> No repeated. STL file ok single logo. FILE OBJ not single but repeated logo <quote

in that case your uv map must be wrong;

on the stl copy does the logo show on the back face as well?

on the Obj file, I would import it into Photoshop and regenerate a new UV map then export as wavefront Obj... that should fix it but again, happy to have a go if you share the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.s, a work around = place the Obj in Dimension, use the wand to select only that front face then give it a new material... it doesn't matter what as long as it is different to the other materials

now you can add a decal to [only] that new face i.e, in effect makes a new temp UV map that just includes the area you selected with the wand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem.

I export from fusion to an OBJ. When I try to map a JPEG or PNG image onto the object, I'm seeing that it's splitting the surface into 8x8 cubes and tiling the decal into each individual square. When you reduce the size of the decal, it reveals that the decal is scaling inside the split surfaces (not 100% sure is a surface issue).

I've tried all the ways to map image with same result. I've tried adding this same image to stock objects and it works fine. 

Magic wand tool selects everything, re-scaled up or not, with the same result.

Happy to email the obj file if you like. 

square test.jpg

for comparison - stock obj vs fusion obj 

square test2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes always... your best chance to get help with models is to share the file

if we can test it then your odds of getting a fix | work around go up dramatically guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ussnorway, I'm new to the community. How/where do I share files, is there an email i should send it to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if its a Dn file you can zip it and share from your creative cloud, Obj files don't need to be zipped unless you want to include the mtl which isn't really needed for testing

in theory you should be able to upload Dn files to this forum (but it doesn't work for me here in Australia) and I'm yet to see anyone else get it working... most people use Dropbox as they test their systems to work

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Dimension/A-new-Dimension-forum-Check-it-out/td-p/10602264

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines