• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HI

Contributor ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI! I am trying to decrease a dimension file size but it seems to be stuck to 57 MB no matter what i do . I tried decreasing the model size , the canvas size and I changed the material from relection to mat but the file size is not budging. ANy help would be greatly appreicated!🙏🙏

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

I used zbrush and the trick is to export FBX 2013!!:)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to be clear, you want to have a .Dn file which is smaller = no it's locked at the moment

I assume that the underlying issue is emails so if you zip a .Dn then put it in your iCloud storage to share with others that is the best work around

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tks Ussnorway! but the issue is that the .dn is over 50MB so I am getting an error file when I am exporting the scene or object . Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 3.31.21 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok an Aero file is not a Dimension file so yes you can adjust it to be under 50mb... just a number Adobe pulled out of their backside and not really important beyond saying people with phones have to wait longer for the file to download

I would assume the issue is because your model has a large polly count {which Dimension can't fit} but software like Photoshop, Blender etc will be able to lower that for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used zbrush and the trick is to export FBX 2013!!:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes Autodesk owns Fbx and reasons unknown have added massive padding to the current versions... this extra padding is causing issues for lots of model | animation software

thanks for letting us know how you got on mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I'm going to use adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines