• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I reach these kiiiidssss??? - a rendering issue of quality.

Contributor ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far my renders for this image have gotten up ~33 hours and then dimension quits working;  there are no errors but apple's activity monitor show the CPU is back to about 93% idle and the render clock keeps ticking... but no progress. 

I am looking to export the images as large as possible to the raise the dpi in Photoshop so I am exporting on High at 1125x2500 and the image has lots of translucent material and complex reflections so I'm not expecting speedy results, but I do want resultsDo I need a more powerful computer (tech specs below)? -- Sorry, I did not save samples of the process when rendering stopped, but I am currently rendering another of the same image (low @ ~700x1000) and it looks poised to fail. LMK if ya need more deets, thank you kindly!!!!

This is where rendering halted;

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 1.56.04 PM.png

This is a snap of the image I am tying to create;

broken money-snapshot 2.jpg

Tech Specs:

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 7.26.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-12 at 7.26.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-12 at 7.26.37 PM.png

New render;  low @ 700x1000

Current render time...Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 8.14.21 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Technically he is not misunderstanding it.  The terms of agreement clearly state that Prerelease Builds are for testing purposes and you cannot do public, commercial work with those builds.  IE, you cannot use a Prerelease build for your commercial projects.

That said, this is not enforced in any way and we openly invite all of our partners to use Dimension Prerelease without regard for whether it's for commercial work or not.  We DO ask that you don't talk about prerelease features.  You can sha

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have killed rendors as well... imo your best chance is to use the prerelease build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to keep using dimension to make personal work to share now and eventually commercial work.

Would I be able to switch between the regular and per-released so as to not run into licensing problems, or am i misunderstanding this part?

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 9.43.23 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are misunderstanding it... the prerelease builds are temp (for testing) and only allowed during the time they stay up i.e, the public build gets that option if it works well and the next prerelease build adds some new option so the current prerelease build gets archived

p.s, in my (Windows systems) prerelease and public builds don't play well together on the same system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technically he is not misunderstanding it.  The terms of agreement clearly state that Prerelease Builds are for testing purposes and you cannot do public, commercial work with those builds.  IE, you cannot use a Prerelease build for your commercial projects.

That said, this is not enforced in any way and we openly invite all of our partners to use Dimension Prerelease without regard for whether it's for commercial work or not.  We DO ask that you don't talk about prerelease features.  You can share you work as long as it doesn't implicitly say that you created something with a beta/prerelease feature.  IE if we had a new 3D text tool you could render it and share that image, but you couldn't confirm that you created the 3D text in Dimension.  You'd have to leave that ambiguous.  Probably not the legally correct answer, but it's how it is in practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JeanetteMathews  wrote

but you couldn't confirm that you created the 3D text in Dimension..

I would say its made this in Dimension but not add the prerelease tag... splitting hairs because at the end of the day an image or Photoshop file doesn't care if you used prerelease builds to make it so you can just uninstall and go back to public builds if it doesn't work out for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you said something was made in Dimension and the thing obviously gave away a new feature before it was announced, that would be the situation we try to avoid.  IE if we add animation and you post a video said Made with Dimension.  Well obviously now people know Dimension has animation capabilities.  So even if you don't explicitly say made with Prerelease if the content you make gives away the feature then just be thoughtful about how/where you share and talk about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines