• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you import 3D objects from Adobe Dimension into unity?

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a 3D model in Adobe Dimension using their textures and models and would like to import it into unity. But whenever I export the model and import it to unity there is always a problem with textures, materials, or models. Please help me find a solution, Adobe lets you export as a GLTF, a GLB, and an OBJ.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Unity is a game engine, Dimension is a 2D image makers... they are not designed to play nice

Unity is old, picky about textures and the only reason people still use it is it works on Mac... if you want to send a lot of time learning it then the textures can look very cool

Unity will want a Fbx or an Obj and will not allow BIG files so your best chance is to export the model (careful about copyright) as Glb then convert that as posted here https://community.adobe.com/t5/Dimension/Export-to-OBJ-not-generating-file/m-p/10704372#M2415

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unity is a game engine, Dimension is a 2D image makers... they are not designed to play nice

Unity is old, picky about textures and the only reason people still use it is it works on Mac... if you want to send a lot of time learning it then the textures can look very cool

Unity will want a Fbx or an Obj and will not allow BIG files so your best chance is to export the model (careful about copyright) as Glb then convert that as posted here https://community.adobe.com/t5/Dimension/Export-to-OBJ-not-generating-file/m-p/10704372#M2415

p.s, there are a few Mac | Unity users over on the Fuse forum whom have forgotten more about Unity than I'll ever know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe your answer is not correct on many fronts. Unity is old but has evolved constantly over all of those years. It is extremely powerful and updated regularly. It can load millions of polygons. Render in real time. It is not picky about textures...it expects the models were prepared correctly in a real 3d program. People use it on the PC and Mac platform because it is one of the best game engines available...not because it is availabe on the Mac. Meanwhile Dimension is very limited and not very feature rich. The lack of modeling....animation...texturing...unwrapping...exporting features makes Dimension a poor choice for generating 3d content. The only redeeeming feature of Dimension for me is the generation of a website you can interact with  3d models I import from another program into Dimension.  I would suggest looking at Blender if you want a real 3d program...it is free.

https://www.blender.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines