• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fill a bottle?

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to fill a modell of a beer bottle with "content"... In reality a bottle isn´t filled completely. How can I simulate this in Adobe Dimension?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

normally I use a cylinder... for bear you could also add bubbles

example rendorexample rendor

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

normally I use a cylinder... for bear you could also add bubbles

example rendorexample rendor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for asking again... I´m a Dimension newbie... How can I melt togehter the original bottle shape with a separate added cylinder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

melt?

you just put the bottle and fill in the same location so if bottle = [x,y,z] 0,0,0, then fill also goes in 0,0,0

tips;

1. always make sure your bottle is in fact 'round' before starting 50% of issues down the track are caused by models with incorrect settings
  2. lift the fill up a bit from the base
  3. add bubbles

example-snapshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if the liquid should be filled up almost to the top of the bottle? (round area). I understand the "cylinder way". What I don´t understand is to use the bootle outside shape as a "cutting path" like in Photoshop... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ask Photoshop questions in the Photoshop forum mate... in Dimension you can add as many shapes as you need to fill the bottle and if you show | share your actual bottle then we can help with what shapes work best but I can't give a one size fits all answer

if you want to use Photoshop to build your fill {and yes for complex shapes that what I would use} but Maya and Blender are where most people head... in any event, once you have the shape then simply export as wavefront Obj and import that into Dimension

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop was just an example... In "IC3D" it´s very easy to fill in content into a bottle... I was searching for a similar function in Dimension because I´ve no experience to create e.g. .obj files. But I will try... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines